- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Software
- Location: Caerphilly/Remote
- Position Length: Full Time
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our rapidly growing team to assist the Product Development Manager with the day to day running of the Software Team, navigating through various requests and liaising with all departments across the business. The ideal candidate will have mechanical / electrical Engineering training.
- Ability to learn quickly about a fast moving Consumer Electronics product in all aspects of design, change management, firmware updates, testing etc.
- Good communicator in order to receive requests, evaluate, prioritise, implement the work required, review the results and feedback accordingly.
- Problem solving ability in so far as breaking a problem down to it’s component parts, evaluating each item (including the derivation of appropriate test equipment and processes) and forming a conclusion.
- Resourceful to the point of being given a problem and researching how to solve it, or present a method of evaluation back to Management in order to achieve the final answer.
- Ability to work by themselves and also as a member of a wider team.
- Flexible on order to identify where a project is falling behind or requiring additional resource and assisting to redress the problem, in whatever way possible. This could involve technical drawings, in-vehicle testing, APP testing, product testing, hands on sample making, lab testing to name but a few.
- Knowledge of Operating systems such as Windows / Mac OS and Office essential.
- Linux, Raspberry PI OS, Jira and Gitlab knowledge a bonus.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]